14 November 2005

I had the pleasure of having a dumpling party this past Saturday night, which, as you can see, involved the making of hundreds of dumplings!!!
It was an exciting time and many dumplings were to be had by all!!
In all, we made close to 500 dumplings, and only ate about three hundred, so there are about 200 dumplings sitting in my freezer right now!
We made pork and onion, pork and mushroom, beef and mashed potato with cumin (I finally found cumin, so life is a little better now), and various veggie samplers. Delicious and good for your health!!!


This is a shot from the main centre in Yangshou, where all the westerners hang out. It was such a beautiful weekend and an equally beautiful place as well...!


Another monkey shot for Jacobe... These monkeys were just hanging out at the Famous (everything is famous in China) Seven Stars Park. The monkeys paid no attention to you unless you annoyed them or gave them peanuts. This first shot was when I moved a little too quickly and the monkey king shot me a threatning look.... The other shot is the monkeys on the peanut watch. Notice the younger one on the back end-- So cute, but nasty at the same time!!!
















Anyway, I am off to a traditional Chinese wedding today. I am scheduled to help kill the pig as a sign of good luck. I hope it isn't too big-I hear they can get to be quite difficult to kill once they figure out that they are the guest of honor. The wedding is going to last over two days--I'll try to take a lot of pictures....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the monkey pics...

you're such a pal!!

but what about a monkey in a t-shirt... I still want one!


I will call him Albert!