14 October 2005

Good morning...
I am in Changsha, having a great time-- this is a much more fun town that I thought it would be--something about the provencial capital of Hunan didnt sound like it would be the most fun place. I am staying at a fellow Cougars nice pad--she is teaching at a middle school here in Changsha, which is pretty cool. I am quickly learning that I have it pretty good where I am and that I am teaching at the University level--things at the lower levels really range with the students you are teaching. At least where I am the students are working to earn their degrees-- where the majority of students at the lower levels probably won't even go to college, so their concept of learning English is not really there.
Anyway, there are many plans for today--the biggest and most exciting thus far is going to the Brazillian Steakhouse where it is 80rmb for dinner and beer--all you can consume. So it might be the night that I pass the kidney stone!!! Wooo-hooo.
(Dont worry mom, I am taking it ez.)

Anyway, go cougs-- we are both here rooting them on during my first homecoming as an Alum.
I already have some awesome pictures to display-- so look out for those!!

No comments: