15 May 2005

Million Dollar Baby was worth 3 bucks at the cheap cinema..

After spending most of my morning recovering from a slight hangover compliments of Captain Morgan, I fell asleep to watching movie trailers at www.apple.com/trailers . This inspired me to go and check out a movie that I have wanted to see for a long time--million $ baby.
I don't want to take up a lot of time here going through the motions of the film, but I would like to make a few comments about it
and since this is my blog, I am going to just that.

Million Dollar Baby
Best Parts
Clint Eastwood always seems to be one of the marks in a good film. What a legend.

Morgan Freeman is sort of the same way--if he is going to narriate (my spelling sucks), then we have the makings of a winner.

When you put these two together you have the geriatric version of Tom Cruise and Will Smith. Hollywood gets their hardon because Eastwood generally only comes out of the woodwork when his hands are all over the script and million dollar baby is no exception.

There is a cast of characters is so dynamic that it would have worked without the two afforementioned stars, but the Freeman narration in the biggest seller of the picture. Sadly, I didn't especially see how Hillary Swank was given the nod that she was and Freeman was distanced. Her performace is great, but it's no better than Boys Don't Cry-- she manages to play tomboy characters quite well, but I think Eastwood's performance overshadowed hers, although the white trash texture seemed to work well.

However, the whole ending is predictable by the way that they portray the villian in the story.
I don't want to spoil it, but let's just the Shiavo family could have taken a firm lesson from this case--Eastwood ended up playing Michael Schiavo and her family was played by, well, her family.

Thats All for now.

No comments: