22 May 2005

Yerba Mate and the force part deux

No exciting pictures to go with the story, but what a nice weekend. Today I awoke a little hungover from the Rum and other substances trickling through my somewhat clogged arteries brought a little too early morning for the Hogg, but going back to bed was the sweetest feeling I could ever imagine.
I was awakened early in the afternoon with an invitation to go and see the latest Star Wars again which was about all I could muster for the afternoon. What a good film. Yes, it is a little boring the second time around, but you begin to notice the key elements of the film that you miss the first go round. At 2:15, I am amazed that I have managed to sit through it twice without so much as even wondering about the time. There is just so much going on in this one that there is really no time to think about the time wasted. The thing that I keep thinking about is how closely this latest film really makes you think about the power and control of the current political agenda of the Bush administration.
See the film and you will know what I am talking about.
My good friend, Paul Baker, soon to be noted scientist was in town due to some unfortunate circumstances. He flew directly in from Uraguay, where he was conducting a seminar that has to do with his research. He remembered that I spoke very highly of Yerba Mate' which is a green tea that the South Americans drink in huge quantities and he was presented with a very special leather Yerba carrier and decided that he would pick one out for me as well. This is better than any gift I have ever recieved from anyone coming back from a trip because I had requested one of these from many friends that have travelled to South America over the years. The one time that I did not know someone was going and he comes back with one. Thanks Paul--it means so much to me.
I will post some information about this great contraption some other time when I have time to write more about this miracle substance. It is just a tea with high doses of caffeine, but its all you need to get through the day.
It moments like these where you really cherish your friendships. I must correct myself--it ties with the best surprise gift I have ever recieved. The other one came from the great friend Jacobe, who found this huge bottle of Double Bastard and gave it to me for a new years present. That was also a welcome surprise which I will again eloborate more on when I have the time.
For now, it is simply time to smile about the weekend and think about the new gig beginning tommorow, working for full circle farm.. Time to deal with commuting to Carnation every day and working with Organic foods, which is just what I need for the next couple of months...

Ahhh, the working world.

No comments: