03 September 2005

Boeing Strike, New Orleans

Although I had an exciting day here in good old China, I must comment on the other major things happening on the homeland this evening.
First of all, reading all of the things going on with New Orleans and the rest of the Mississippi Delta makes me feel ill. It is just terrible that something so tragic had to happen in such a poor area of the world, a place that I have visited several times in my short life and I can certainly imagine the devastaion that is going on in such a volitile area. My thoughts are with those people.
My thoughts are not with the stupidity of other people in the world, namely Mr. George W. Bush. Although I will not take this opportunity to shun him as most others should and need to do, I would like to take the opportunity to point out that this past evening there was a benefit concert for the people of the Mississippi Delta and Kanye West went from his scripted dialougue and began to speak about how the less wealthy people are not taken care of in the same fashion that others are. He also made a direct comment about Bush--and NBC actually censored it from the west coast audience.
PATHETIC.
Let's recall-I live in a communist country. I expect to be censored. But the good ole' USA censored West not because he swore, but because he told his version of the truth, which I think is pretty on the mark. I just hope that the people will take this opportunity to again look at what Bush has done since his tenure of leader of the free world and where we all are in the pot of life. He has done a shit job folks. He blew it with 911, he turned patriotism into nationalism, we have had a terrible recession, the price of gas has doubled before this latest tragedy--at least we caught Nixon before he could do this much damage....

Speaking of damage--Here we are again and these lunkheads at Boeing decide that they are getting paid enough money for a job that if they lost it to the asain market, they would be stocking the shelves at Wal-Mart. Thankfully my mother has always been thankful of her job and not bought into the union bullshit that spews from the Machinist Unions mouths. It just doesn't make much sense to me how these people can strike when the economic conditions are in dire straits, the price of gas is at an all time high, Seattle is the most expensive place to live in the country and these people decide that they need more than what they were already getting--a nice salary, a bonus, more sick time than anyone I know gets, stock, etc. and most of them don't even have a college degree and they are bringing in 50k+. My advice, come spend a week in China you capitalist fuckwads. May the repo man come and get your ATV's, your SUV's and your other things that you won't have because you tried to bluff your boss and he is holding the Ace's. It will be a little pleasant to watch the entire Seattle marketplace sit and watch and wonder what the hell you hicks were thinking when you voted to strike.
Be thankful for what you have--it isnt under water in the Delta. While the rest of the world is watching the tradegy unfold, you decide that your overemployed asses aren't getting enough....
PATHETIC.
***I would like to point out that my mother, who is occasionally irrational, as most mom's are- voted NO on this strike because she is grateful for having the life she has and most of that comes from the hard work that she has put in during her 14 years (or more) with the Boeing Company, so this little rant is in no way reflected upon her, but moreso on those pro-union dipshits that she has had to work with for the last decade plus***

No comments: